We love fall treats around here and are excited to share this recipe—it's a cookie you can feel good about eating! It’s like eating a bowl of oatmeal with lots of delicious toppings, but it's even better because this breakfast is a quick grab & go.
Gluten-Free Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
Servings: 12 cookies
1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
1 cup gluten free instant oats (2 single serving packages)
¼ cup ground flax meal
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground allspice
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
¼ coconut oil, melted
1 cup diced apple pieces (approx.…1 apple)
½ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
½ cup raisins
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl stir together old fashioned and instant oats, flax meal, salt and spices.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together eggs, apple sauce, honey, and melted coconut oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in diced apple, walnuts, and raisins.
- Drop ¼ cup sized portions of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten the cookies slightly.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until set.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before transferring to an airtight container. Must be refrigerated.