Our pediatric therapy team provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary care, focused on collaboration, to ensure a family and client-centered approach to help children reach their potential.
Pediatric speech therapy provides individualized treatment sessions to address a variety of speech and language difficulties, communication disorders, hearing impairment, as well as feeding and swallowing complications. Our speech-language pathologist has additional experience in complex feeding and swallowing issues, background in neurodevelopmental approach to baby treatment, and is also a certified lactation counselor.
Signs your child may benefit from speech therapy:
- Difficulty communicating or expressing themselves
- Trouble making sounds or saying words which may make them hard to understand
- Uses aided hearing devices to improve communication
- Is unable to understand and answer age typical questions or follow directions
- Appears to gag or choke when eating and may be resistant to transition to solid foods
- Swallowing or feeding difficulties; requires a feeding tube for nutrition
- Problems with breast and/or bottle-feeding